A Couple Things I’ve Learned

During the writing of Out of Darkness and the currently (cleverly) named ‘Book 2’, I’ve learned a couple things.

The first of these is: Never, ever claim you are close to done. (Seriously, don’t do it.)

If you read back (you probably shouldn’t) there are several posts of me claiming to be almost done, nearly done, one step away from done, and lastly, dangerously close to done. Guess how many of those have been right so far. (Actually, don’t guess.)

This post is not going to say how close to done I am, dangerously or otherwise, because we know how that will end. Instead, it’s just an update.

Out of Darkness has been out to an editor and I’ve cleaned up, clarified, added, and deleted most of the things they mentioned. I’m going to send it back to them in a few days, and then they’ll send it back. Once that is done, maybe I’ll have another update that’s a little more exciting.

The second thing I’ve learned: I’m not good at thinking up multiple items for entries titled “A Couple Things I’ve learned.”

 

This is an Update.

Who stayed up past her bedtime but finished her third draft?

If you guessed anyone but me, then you are just silly. That’s the whole update. It needs another pass, but hopefully not as intense as the past three. Thanks for reading, have a good night!

Second Draft? Done.

War of the Sisters, book 1, draft 2 is now done.

Starting words: 87,299

Ending Words: 82,489

I swear I had lost more than that, either that or I somehow gained more words overnight .-.

I know there is some stuff I’m going to need to add just based on the feedback I’ve gotten already but, my beta readers have it, and I will wait till they’re finished with it to start a third pass to clean up any plot holes, inconsistencies, whatnot. In the meantime, I’m going to rest, read, and learn.

Thanks for reading!

 

shameless gofundme link.

Slacker!

Hello readers, followers, whatever you call yourselves. I should probably update or at least make a post.

I took a week or so off from editing, (slacker!) I was getting too wrapped up in everything and needed a rest. I’m back on it this week. But I think I’m going to try and do editing/writing three days a week instead of six. I think I was getting away from enjoying it and treating it in a way that made it very unfun.

I made a patreon to go with my gofundme just because someone on twitter reminded me that it existed.

Editing on book 1 is almost done, though I’m no closer to a title. I’ve got a list of questions I need to find a way to go back and answer but I think I’m going to save those for the next revision set.

Given the cuts that have taken place already, I think book 1 is going to end up losing about 10k words, putting it at about 75k words by the time it’s done.

That pretty much ends my update, have a good night y’all!