Woo, so a couple weeks ago I started the complete rewrite of WOTS1 to get me to the second draft. I wanted to make sure that I was done in time for NaNoWriMo so that I could start book 2. I started the month with about 26k words already written, so I knew I needed to rewrite about 2.3k words per day. I made a chart and everything! (Under the “see more.”)
Today, I finished!! I added about 10k words, bringing it up to 87k words. It still needs polishing, of course, but we’re now two drafts in!
Nothing (should) change so I feel safe in starting the first draft of book 2 for NaNoWriMo in two-ish weeks. There have been HUGE changes since I started book two so I’m looking at a COMPLETE rewrite of that. Likely with huge chunks torn out, and new stuff added in.
Book two officially went from ‘first draft’ to ‘really long outline.’ *dead*
Once book 1 has gone through another rewrite and has been run through Grammarly (to avoid such atrocities as “her tears warmed her cheese. (cheeks)”) I will see about posting another chapter or reaching out to those who have volunteered as beta readers.
Anyway, thanks for reading I’m going to go enjoy a couple days of resting my brain for NaNoWriMo!!
PS: I did not proofread this at all.
My name is AmberJade, welcome to my page :)